[huskerlug] Phishing Scam: RoadRunner Deactivation Notice !

  • From: GreyGeek <jkreps@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:22:01 -0600

 Folks,
I just received my FIRST  phishing scam message,  targeted for my RoadRunner
account info and shown below, which was sent from:
jerry@2[~]$ whois 210.82.53.59
inetnum:      210.82.53.0 - 210.82.53.127
netname:      beijing-haohao-gongzuo-corp
country:      cn
descr:        beijing city
admin-c:      QL69-AP
tech-c:       QL69-AP
status:       ASSIGNED NON-PORTABLE
changed:      daihy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[1] 20020918
mnt-by:       MAINT-CN-LQ28
source:       APNIC

route:        210.82.0.0/15
descr:        CNC Group CncNet
country:      CN
origin:       AS9929
mnt-by:       MAINT-CNCGROUP-RR
changed:      abuse@xxxxxxxxxxx[2] 20060330
source:       APNIC

person:       qiong lu
nic-hdl:      QL69-AP
e-mail:       tanqian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[3]
address:      CNCGROUP Beijing province network
address:      China Network Communications Group Corporation
address:      No.156,Fu-Xing-Men-Nei Street,
address:      Beijing 100031
phone:        +86-010-82856360
country:      CN
changed:      wuhong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[4] 20050425
mnt-by:       MAINT-CNCGROUP-BJ17620
source:       APNIC

It's really nice when you can hover your mouse over a URL in a message and
have the REAL URL shown in the status line.
For all you Windows users.... if you click on the URL in the message and go
to that site and enter the requested data you will be giving Chinese hackers
the keys to your RR account and possible all of your personal information.

[IMG][5][IMG][6][IMG][7]

[8]
[IMG]
[9]

* Dear Member:

Thank you for choosing RoadRunnerTM.Unfortunately there was a problem
processing your billing information for the month of January, 2007. Soon we
are upgrading some of our servers in our data base for new service for our
customers. Our number of clients has been increasing rapidly last month and
because of that it is necessary for addidtional database servers, where some
of our clients are going to get moved. We require all moved accounts to
verify their information on file with us. To verify your billing at this
time, please visit our secure server webform by clicking the hyperlink
below:

* https://www.rr.com/rdrun/update[10]

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to temporary
suspend your account.
Thank You for using RoadRunnerTM
We appreciate your business and hope to keep you as a customer for life.
We apologize for any inconvenience. RoadRunnerTM Online is so easy; no
wonderit's number one!

Sincerely,
The RoadRunner Billing ServicesTM

How can I restore my account access?

* Update your billing here: RoadRunner Online Billing Center[11] and
completethe web form.
Completing all of the check list items will automatically restore your
account access.

(C)2007 RoadRunner Online, Inc. All Rights ReservedTM [IMG]

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:daihy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   2 mailto:abuse@xxxxxxxxxxx
   3 mailto:tanqian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx