[huskerlug] Meeting

  • From: "Cesar Delgado" <cdelgad2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 17:20:03 -0500

Thanks to all that could make it to the meeting.  It was fun to watch a
movie on that big screen, =).  All who were not there were missed and I
hope Carl is feeling better.

In the video they mention
HURD(http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd.html) which is the GNU
kernel.  I've been reading up on it.  Aside from the fact that it is FAR
from being ready for prime time it's got some cool stuff.  You can run
many instances of the kernel one on top of the other (same idea as User
Mode Linux just a little better being that it's a microkernel).  It can
also run Apache....  I'll try to find a computer so I can give it a
shot.  Sounds fun, =).

-Cesar Delgado