[huskerlug] Re: IBM S/390 - whoot!

  • From: "John P. DiMartino" <zelet@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 15:07:33 -0600

I worked at IBM as a techwriter and my responsibility was to talk to some
developers and some engineers about the benefits of Linux on the
mainframe... .there were so many it was hard to just write one article but I
managed and got an end product out to our current mainframe customers and
some new ones too.  At the time, the Linux/IBM relationship was still new
and we didn't even know if Redhat/IBM was official until  a couple of weeks
before publication.  (and even then it wasn't public knowledge yet).  It was
an exciting time and I saw the possibilities so long ago - but now I am
seeing the reality and everything stating to fit into place.  GO LINUX!!!!

If I ever find a link to the article I will be sure to post it.  Later

John P. DiMartino
(402) 720-8573
zelet@xxxxxxx

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall down an open
manhole cover and die."
-Mel Brooks