[huskerlug] Re: Are linux's days numbered?

  • From: "Cesar Delgado" <cdelgad2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 12:17:40 -0600

This sounds a lot like what M$ wants to do with their Palladium OS.  Use
hardware encryption to keep things "safe".  Although Intel and AMD
already caved in and told M$ that they would design chips that could
accommodate this hardware encryption, we'll have to see what happens.

On the same train on through my brother pointed out an article in USA
Today about Linux. It made the front page of the MONEY section and it
talks about a VERY well known guitar/bass/string company got burned by
M$ and turned to Linux to help them out.  Kwel stuff!
http://www.usatoday.com/usatonline/20030227/4902704s.htm

-Cesar Delgado
Secure Distributed Information @ UNL
http://rcf.unl.edu