[hsa] Re: Home Security

  • From: Martin Stark <mstark@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Rob Boudrie <rob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 10:17:33 -0400

I installed a "real" panel years ago and have it programmed to phone me (and then my wife) if there's an intrusion.  That way (cheap bastard that I am) avoids a contract and monitoring charges.  My local PD gave me an inside number to call if needed. Downside is that unless you go cellular you need a land line.

On 3/30/2018 9:51 AM, Rob Boudrie wrote:

Watch out for contracts - these things are annuities for monitoring companies.

Also, make sure your system is separate from the monitoring service and you have all control codes and manuals for the panel. Services often lock in customers by restricting that in