[Hastings Rock] Google drive - Update

  • From: Tony Bell <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hrock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 11:04:37 +0000

** Hastings Rock Radio **

Morning all,

Done some research and playing around this morning.

We were talking about what "Being in the family" meant as far as Google is concerned, and it looks like for this basic level of Google account and Google drive, it doesn't actually add anything, apart from we can see who is in the family, that's about it....

In order to get the features that would allow Family members so seamlessly "see" the Hastings Rock files and folders in your OWN Google account, we would need to upgrade to a "Google 1" service, this would give us 100Gb storage, and allow up to 5 others to share the storage.  I'm not saying we should do this yet, its a good thing to be able to do... but maybe not yet....

So, carry on, I wont delete the Family yet, unless it gets confusing........

Rgds

Tony

--
Rgds