[hllug] m0n0wall app: Conector Confusion

  • From: Cranz Nichols <wb5bkl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LIST - HLLug <hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:10:23 -0600

I received the IDE CF adapter and the 1Gb CF card this afternoon.

When I attempted to connect it to the old CompaQ, I found that the
ribbon cable will not fit properly.  The adapter has 40 pins (that's 40,
not 39) and the female ribbon cable connector has 39 holes.  That's one
too few holes (or one too many pins) by my count.

I admit to not being a PC hardware person.  What am I missing here?

I note that the problematic pin does not seem to have a circuit board
trace connected...  at least on one side of the circuit board.  But it
is a double-sided board and I cannot see under the connector body.

cln
Meanest Man on Emeralds Drive