[hllug] email quandary

  • From: Don Crowder <dondashguitar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: HLLUG <hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 03:56:45 -0500

I enjoy using different email clients for different identities but I've a problem with Iceape (Seamonkey) in that it opens links in its own browser and that won't work for me. One reason is because I save interesting links for our ezine to my working folder in Firefox and that means I've got to copy the URL in Iceape and paste it into a new Firefox window (or tab) in order to save the link in my working folder. Aside from that, Firefox is my browser of choice; I want to use the Iceape email client, not the browser but if I try to remove the browser, the email client is removed with it. I'm sure there's a config file somewhere for the email client which I could probably edit but I'm not knowledgeable enough to find it, much less edit it. Suggestions?

Thanks
Don Crowder
http://www.lockergnome.com/eldergeek/
//www.freelists.org/list/donspatch