[hllug] Re: digiKam

  • From: Don Crowder <donguitar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:33:48 -0600

On Friday 14 December 2007 09:45, Bill Lanoue wrote:
> Quite by accident, because I had just spent so much time copying files
> from CDs with Konqueror, (due to the fact that I had to reinstall my OS
>
> :-[ ,) that when I switched to digiKam to create my albums, I discovered
>
> that one can drag and drop photos onto the desktop to change wallpaper,
> just as one may with Konqueror.  8-)

It's good to know that you're having so much fun.  Of course you can't go
outdoors and play without getting your feet frosted :)

I've got my new XP machine tweaked, tuned and ready to use but I've only
bothered to turn it on a few times, usually just to grab an email address or
phone number.  I'm using Etch pretty much full time and actually feel a
little annoyed when I have to turn on the Windows machine.

Lisa's XP Home needs reinstalling but we don't have a CD so I'm going to get
price quotes from all three of the shops in Kingsland.  Meanwhile she's
preparing to change over to Linux as her primary OS.  I've installed
PCLinuxOS (her favorite Linux OS) on the machine and, once the ezine is put
to bed, I'll get her email configured.  We've figured out how to export her
browser favorites and, with a bit of futzing around, how to export OE's
address book as a comma delimited text file which, with some minor tweaking,
can be reconfigured into something Kmail can use.

So, I've laundry to do, mom to feed, trash to take out and an ezine to finish.
Later all.
--
Don Crowder
http://www.don-guitar.com