[hllug] Twins Progress - PDA Connectivity

  • From: Cranz Nichols <wb5bkl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LIST - HLLug <hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 12:39:56 -0600

More progress on the Twins:

You may recall, from the previous exciting episode, I was trying to get
my $3 Handspring Visor to sync up with Ubuntu 7.10.  No joy.

After looking around the Ubuntu site, I found (and Lee also forwarded)
the following info:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PortableDevices

Following the destructions in the URL I created a file named:
/etc/udev/rules.d/10-custom.rules

and populated it with the following single line:

BUS=="usb", SYSFS{product}=="Palm Handheld*", KERNEL=="ttyUSB[13579]",
NAME="pilot", GROUP="uucp", MODE="0660"

I also made an additional entry in the file:

/etc/modules

of:

visor

Eureka (and other vacuum cleaners)!  It works!

Tnx to Lee.

If anyone wants me to pick one of these up at the Goodwill Computer
Store, let me know.  I have almost talked EA into one - to store numbers
and addresses for her near the phone.

cln
Lake Buchanan
Meanest man on Emeralds Drive