[hllug] Not a happy camper.

  • From: Don Crowder <dondashguitar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: HLLUG <hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:54:32 -0500

I got Ron's Thinkpad 380D tuned and tweaked with Win95 so it's running nicely
but I wanted to try a Linux distro in it.  I figured the easiest way to do that
would be to temporarily swap out the HDD, because I don't have a copy of Win95
to reinstall if I can't get Linux working on it.  No Problem.  I asked Cranz at
the Lakeshore meeting about getting to the HDD and he replied.

"You just need to get the keyboard off".

So I puzzled and pondered and got the keyboard removed only that didn't give me
access to the HDD so I puzzled a while longer, dismantled it far beyond my
comfort zone, got the plastic case separated and found that I still couldn't
get to the HDD.  After another half hour of puzzling I decided that it simply
wasn't meant for me to get to the HDD, made a mental note never to ask
questions of Cranz agtain and reassembled the darn thing while I could still
figure out how only....

once it was all back together, I found an odd looking little spring laying on
the table.

Rats.
--
Don Crowder