[hllug] Re: Not a happy camper.

  • From: Cranz Nichols <wb5bkl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 18:33:30 -0600

Don - this message was trapped in my GMail spam filter.  I just got it
today.  <Insert Agent 86* quote here>

My very vague recollection is that once John had the keyboard separated
(5 screws and three cables, IIRC), then he/we removed a
cross-piece/brace.  That allowed us to remove the CD/floppy drive (very,
very carefully - there was a thin piece of plastic that looked
stressed).  After that, the hard drive was more or less exposed to the
open air.

Apparently I only witnessed the parts of John's dissection that did not
involve springs - so you are on your own there...

cln
Meanest Man on Emeralds Drive

*  http://www.wouldyoubelieve.com/