[hllug] Re: Application Installation

  • From: Bill Lanoue <blanoue@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:50:19 -0500

John WS Hibbs wrote:
Before you go looking in the menu though, run aptitude install gnomesword `aptitude search "^sword.*" -F%p` from the cli. Cut/Paste the above line to a terminal. john
Thanks for all of your help, John, I truly appreciate your taking the time. I am still very confused, though. I have gone to the forums, linux.org tutorials, etc., and read your messages, and still don't understand. Attached is what I got when I copy/pasted the above script into a terminal as su.

By the way, I'm running PCLinuxOS under KDE. I use the Synaptic package manager for installs and updates.

beeyil

P.S. See, Don, I can attach a file the first time. Bet ya didn't think I had it in me. 8-)

PNG image