[hipl-users] Re: test connection with file transfert !

  • From: Rima Ben Mosbeh <rima.ben_mosbeh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 20:32:58 +0200

Quoting Miika Komu <miika@xxxxxx>:

On Fri, 5 May 2006, Rima Ben Mosbeh wrote:

Quoting Miika Komu <miika@xxxxxx>:

On Fri, 5 May 2006, Rima Ben Mosbeh wrote:

hi all

I installed the last nighty tarball version of hipl and it works well except
the rvs feature

Hi,

which nightly tarball? (See the changelog file.) It was working again in hipl--main--2.6--patch-111. I have verified and tested it this week myself. Also, are you sure that you followed the instructions precisely? Remember to compile with --enable-rvs and remember that the rendezvous serves the responder, not the initiator (it is easy to do set up incorrectly).

I downloaded the latest nighty tarball and i followed the instructions correctly
I had an error from the beginning when I wanted to execute the command in the
responder : test/conntest-server-native rvs <hit of the RVS> <ip of the RVS>
he doesn't know rvs although I had already made the --enable-rvs
can you tell me please where I can find this version with the patch

Just get rid of the old tarball and download the latest which is generated every night:

  http://hipl.hiit.fi/hipl/hipl.tar.gz

or alternatively, you can use bazaar or tla.

When you have done that, please display the exact error that your receive from hipconf. Thanks.

hi miika

i reinstalled the nignty tarball you told me, and I followed all the steps
i configured it with rvs
first, I got an error in rvs when I wanted to test rvs as in the howto

root@RVS:~/hipl--main--2.6# tools/hipconf add rvs
1156:9eba:bf7e:fd3c:68f0:39df:5fe2:a632 fe80::216:3eff:fe42:47cd
info(hipconf.c:174@handle_rvs): action=1 optc=2
debug(debug.c:430@hip_print_hit): id: 1156:9eba:bf7e:fd3c:68f0:39df:5fe2:a632
debug(debug.c:430@hip_print_hit): id: fe80:0000:0000:0000:0216:3eff:fe42:47cd
error(hipconf.c:644@main): failed to handle msg

I ignored this error and continued the configuration
the first step in the initiator was to map the rvs ip with the responder
hostname , in the /etc/hosts

then, in the /etc/hip/hosts I put the hostname and the hit of the responder
after that, I moved to the responder, and I got this error

root@Responder:~/hipl--main--2.6# tools/hipconf rvs
1156:9eba:bf7e:fd3c:68f0:39df:5fe2:a632 fe80::216:3eff:fe42:47cd
error(hipconf.c:608@main): Invalid action argument 'rvs'

what should I do?

thanks a lot

--