[hipl-users] Re: hiphosts invalid hit obtained durning connection test

  • From: Mika Kousa <mkousa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:42:47 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Irene Garcia Vargas wrote:

-> I am not sure about the necessity of creating a new hi default for a
-> recompiled kernel,is it? If I execute ./hipconf new hi default, I
-> obtain a new hi and I have to update also the /etc/hip/hosts file in
-> the other peer...Is that really necessary?

It is not needed. The idea of the key is that it is long-lived, even years
or so. But of course you can create it again for testing purposes if you
want to. The previously mentioned hipsetupt script in the test directory
does not create it, using that would be easier anyway.