[hipl-users] RVS problem

  • From: Papp Balázs <balazs72@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 16:06:15 +0100

Hi!

I tried to test the RVS extension with 3 computers over an IPv6 LAN,
and I experienced the following problem:
I set up everything like described in Chapter 14
(http://infrahip.hiit.fi/hipl/manual/ch14.html), but the RVS server doesn't
forward the Initiator's I1 packet to the Responder. At the responder I
registered to the rendezvous server: ("tools/hipconf add rvs <RVS-HIT>
<RVS-IP>"). This established a HIP SA between the rendezvous server and
the Responder. I checked the HIP daemon's debug messages, and I
realized, that this SA had been established with the Responder's
anonymous dsa key, which is not its default HIT (public rsa).
When the RSA received the Initiator's I1, it didn't find any valid
rendezvous association, and dropped the package.
I think, the association should be established with the default HITs,
but how can I set it up?
If anybody knows the solution, please don't hesitate to share it! :)

Thanks in advance!

Balazs Papp
Norbert Domjan

Technical University of Budapest