[hipl-users] Re: RVS problem

  • From: Lauri Silvennoinen <ljsilven@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 01:54:54 +0200 (EET)

Hi Papp.

I thought we fixed this bug already in Oct/Nov. Are you running hipl with the latest patches?

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007, Papp Balázs wrote:
try "hipconf get hi default" at the rendezvous and register to this
address?

"At the responder we have to register to the rendezvous server: "tools/hipconf add rvs <RVS-HIT> <RVS-IP>". This will establish a HIP SA between the rendezvous server and the responder."

I enter this command at the responder, but the responder registers
itself NOT with its default hit, that is the problem. How can I set it
up to register with default HIT?

There are a total of four HITs at each hipl-host. Apparently R registers some other than the default HIT with the RVS. As root at R type "ifconfig dummy0" (while the hipl daemon is running), and you'll get four HITs. Now, R registers (randomly?) one of these HITs with the RVS.

Solution: at I modify "hiphosts" file so that the HIT of R matches the registered HIT. You'll have to try each one at a time. This should work. However, the default HIT is not used.

Br,
Lauri