[hipl-users] Problems with hipdnsproxy and TightVNC viewer

  • From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:32:44 -0500

I have gotten TightVNC viewer to work with LSIs where I already have the SA up (via a ping6) and know the server's LSI via 'hipconf get ha all'.

I create an A RR for responder.htt with an address of 1.0.0.135

So I am running clean after a boot, nothing hanging around. hipdnsproxy running in a terminal so I can watch its lookups. I run

vncviewer responder.htt:5902

And nothing happens; the connection timesout. No lookups in hipdnsproxy and of course no HIP base exchanges showing up in the tcpdump window. So I try 'host responder.htt' and I get back both the A and AAAA records, and hipdnsproxy shows the retrievals. I try the vncviewer command again, and still nothing.

It would seem that vncviewer is doing something of its own for dns lookups.

Oh, I also tried running 'hipconf run normal vncviewer...' And still nothing.

So I can use vnc viewer for remote management, but it is not easy to use.