[hipl-users] Re: Handover testing: Unable to connect to address XXX -problem

  • From: Miika Komu <miika@xxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:03:44 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Väisänen Teemu wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Now I am testing handover and following chapter 7 instructions.
>
> I am able to send messages from crash to oops like in chapter 6.
>
> I have installed nc6 for crash and oops.
>
> >From chapter 7:
> "<first, establish a HIP connection as intructed in the previous section> "
>
> Does this mean that
> 1.
> # test/conntest-server tcp 1111
> has to be running in oops
>
> 2.
> # test/conntest-server tcp 1111
> has to be running in oops and
> # test/conntest-client-gai oops tcp 1111
> has to be running in crash
>
> 3.
> just that connection works/has worked?
>
> I have tried all of them with
>
> oops:
> # nc6 -l -p 12345
>
> crash:
> # nc6 <the HIT of oops> 12345
>
> I took <the HIT of oops from> from oops' /proc/net/hip/lhi, tried
> both, but crash says:
> nc6: unable to connect to address XXX, service 12345
>
> Has someone seen same problem or have solution for this?

You can use conntest-xx but they just connect, send a message and then
quit. nc6 is nicer because you can actually stream some data. However,
with nc6 you have to do the HIT-to-IP mapping manually prior to
connecting directly to a HIT:

# hipconf add map <hit of crash> <ipv6 addr of crash>
# nc6 <the HIT of oops> 12345

--
Miika Komu              miika@xxxxxx          http://www.iki.fi/miika/