[hipl-users] Re: HIP in wireless environment

  • From: Lina <linalinaa@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 11:08:13 +0200

Any help please?

From: linalinaa@xxxxxxxxxx
To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [hipl-users] Re: HIP in wireless environment
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 12:32:30 +0200

Hello,

Plz any help concerning that?

I get this:

ifconfig wlan0 upSIOCSIFFLAGS: No such file or directory

 iwlist wlan0 scanWarning: Driver for device wlan0 has been compiled with
version 22of Wireless Extension, while this program supports up to version
20.Some things may be broken...

I need to use WIFI with the HIP kernel, any help?
Regards,
From: linalinaa@xxxxxxxxxx
To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [hipl-users] HIP in wireless environment
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:35:52 +0200

Hello,,

I  want to use a HIP node in wireless network(I have my access point and this
hip node
will be controlled by that AP).

I installed the compiled HIPL kernel from :
http://hipl.hiit.fi/hipl/contrib/kernel/deb/i386/

In the install notes,

Particularly, they don't contain any firmware for e.g. wireless
devices. You may have to install extra modules and firmware
images manually.

So I think I have to add some thing to my kernel to be able to be used in
wireless environment
with HIP.

Any help in that plz? Which modules I have to add??
Real thanks.

Avec Windows Live Messenger restez en contact avec tous vos amis !  Téléchargez
Messenger, c'est gratuit !

Centralisez tous vos comptes mails dans Hotmail !  Créez un compte Hotmail,
c'est gratuit !

Retouchez, classez et partagez vos photos gratuitement avec le logiciel Galerie
de Photos !
http://www.windowslive.fr/galerie/