[hipl-users] Re: Firefox 3 run from hipconf

  • From: Miika Komu <miika.komu@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 00:35:52 +0300

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Hi,

Miika Komu wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to run Firefox 3 according to the instructions in Ch 12 Easy methods #2:

hipconf run normal firefox

I have hip running on two boxes on the same IPv6 subnet. The conntest works between them. On the server box I have Apache running: 'service httpd start'.

If I already had an instance of firefox running, another was started, I get a cannot it to run through the hipd, I just see TCP syns, but then no response from the server....

make sure that you don't have two instances of firefox running:

killall firefox
killall firefox-bin

I got the problem after rebooting the systems, so I believe this has nothing to do with multiple copies running...

I tried it on my virtual machine. The weird thing with firefox on CentOS 5.2 is that it seems to bypass even the DNS proxy and seems IPv6 incapable. If you know people from CentOS/Fedora, I would like to know what patches they have applied to firefox.

The firefox in my CentOS is 3.0.1.

Further when I run without HIP, as I type in a URL, I get the URL 'suggestions'. When I run via hipconf run, this is not happening.

Nothing is happening, it seems. Like firefox is waiting for something that is not happening....

I can repeat the same problem.