[hipl-users] Re: Firefox 3 run from hipconf

  • From: Miika Komu <miika.komu@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 13:01:39 +0100

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to run Firefox 3 according to the instructions in Ch 12 Easy methods #2:

hipconf run normal firefox

I have hip running on two boxes on the same IPv6 subnet. The conntest works between them. On the server box I have Apache running: 'service httpd start'.

If I already had an instance of firefox running, another was started, I get a cannot it to run through the hipd, I just see TCP syns, but then no response from the server....

make sure that you don't have two instances of firefox running:

killall firefox
killall firefox-bin

If I do not have Firefox already running, and start it from hipconf of hipagent, I get no response when I type in the URL for the server. Nothing in HIPD, HIPFW, and nothing reported from a TCPdump or in wireshark (for ANY datagram).

What gives here?

I think we tried this already on your machine successfully but was it firefox 2?

Have you tried the dns proxy? We are slowly shifting towards it because of short-comings in the LD_PRELOAD approach.