[hipl-users] Centos Telnetd working with IPv6

  • From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 14:13:37 -0400

I am NOT using the modified telnet that is in the /test directory.

Running Centos 5.2 and HIPL in userspace.

On the server, modified /etc/xinetd.d/telnet so it is not disabled and set the IPv6 flag.

On the client ran:

hipconf run normal telnet server.test

where in /etc/hosts, server.test has the server's IPv6 address, and /etc/hip/hosts has the HIT for server.test.

Further I have NOT allowed port 23 in ip6tables, rather I am just running hipfw with -Aid params.

So I have a working alternative to SSH with userid login. Not as good server protection, as right now any HIP client can hit Telnet on that system....

First working IPv6 app, though.