[hipl-users] Re: Centos Telnetd working with IPv6

  • From: Miika Komu <miika.komu@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:35:21 +0300

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Hi,

Miika Komu wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Hi,

Further I have NOT allowed port 23 in ip6tables, rather I am just running hipfw with -Aid params.

So I have a working alternative to SSH with userid login. Not as good server protection, as right now any HIP client can hit Telnet on that system....

First working IPv6 app, though.

have you tried ssh -6? I know it does not make sense except for (X-)forwarding...

Not over HIP. ssh to my IPv6 hosts name works just fine without the -6. But why run ssh over HIP unless you want the cert login or X forwarding?

Well, it is possible to forward also other traffic than X-windows over ssh.

Did you ask CentOS folks about Firefox?

Firefox to v6 hosts works just fine. Don't know what I was doing wrong..... Just tried it again this morning.

But try to run Firefox vai: hipconf run normal firefox and firefox seems to be hanging somehow. If you start typing in a URL, there is no presenting anything from history. And nothing works packet-wise. I have tried turning off all sorts of options to no avail. Does firefox work ok in userspace over IPv4 or BEET mode IPv6?

I tried firefox on my CentOS vmware and problem seems to be the lack of IPv6 support. It has been somehow disabled.

Have you tried the dnsproxy with firefox? We are transitioning away from the LD_PRELOAD because it seems to be create more problems than solving them.