[hipl-dev] Re: maintainer script review

  • From: Miika Komu <mkomu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 00:03:35 +0200

Hi Diego,

On 11/30/2010 05:53 PM, Diego Biurrun wrote:
I had a quick look at the scripts in tools/maintainer/ now that the
subject came up again.  Here are some comments...

scptar:
This is completely unused and very very trivial, remove?

sync-all:
- The ping is repeated, once for all hosts in succession, then for each
   host before connecting to it.  This seems pretty redundant to me.

- A temporary directory is created in a world-writable location, /tmp,
   with a predictable name.  This is a security hole.  Does this need
   explanation or am I preaching to the choir?

update-html-howto:
Cannot work as it tries to run 'make' in the doc/ subdirectory, which
is no longer supported since ages.  Is this script unused or just
failing silently?  This should be fixed or removed.

good catches, fixed.