[hipl-dev] Re: libconfig

  • From: Miika Komu <mkomu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 08:40:56 +0200

Hi,

On 23/11/10 22:18, Diego Biurrun wrote:
I think we need to decide what to do about the libconfig dependency in
the firewall.  I'm not sure why only the firewall needs it to parse
configuration files, but hipd and hipfw should be unified in this
regard.

The dependency on libconfig is also not completely enforced.  We claim
it to be necessary in INSTALL, but not in the spec files.  So the packages
that get built (and we distribute) behave differently depending on whether
or not libconfig was available on the system at build time or not.

Since the dependency is not recorded, this might result in a package that
contains binaries that are linked against libconfig without declaring a
dependency on libconfig in its metadata.  The result will be breakage.

Thoughts?

as a simple solution, what about just mandating libconfig in the spec files?