[hipl-dev] Re: [Question #200462]: hipl development package

  • From: Kirill Yudenok <question200462@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 08:56:00 -0000

Question #200462 on HIPL changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/hipl/+question/200462

Kirill Yudenok is still having a problem:
Hello, Miika,

I have a problem with HIT->IP mapping. I installed two VMs, for example
host and server (Ubuntu 10.04), configured HIPL using HIPL tools and
tested connection by ping6 <HIT_server> <IP_server>.  Connection is
successfully established. When I am trying to setup HIT-IP mapping with
my IPv4 client/server, using documentation chapter
(http://infrahip.hiit.fi/hipl/manual/HOWTO.html#ipv4_appl) and HIP tools
(hipconf).

Because my applications using IPv4 addresses, I want to assing them own LSI
(not standart -- 1.0.0.1/2) and use them in my applications. How can I do this?
Also somewhere in the manual I read that LSI are available only on localhost.
Is this true? If so, how else can I customize the HIT-IP mapping, use the
hipdnsproxy?

Could you also comment on, what the command <hipconf daemon run
normal|opp _app_> does?

Thanks,
Kirill

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of HIPL
core team, which is an answer contact for HIPL.