[hipl-dev] Re: HIPL conforming to OpenSSL licensing terms?

  • From: Miika Komu <mkomu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 12:52:40 +0200

Hi Stefan,

On 02/11/10 12:47, Stefan Goetz wrote:
Hi Miika!

Ok, that should give us a perspective to steer around the GPL/Apache
incompatibility some time in the future assuming we can basically get
rid of the GPL code (I guess that is what you implied?)

yes, this is what I implied. It is does not seem impossibl. I think we should discuss first and then split the problem into smaller tasks (agile style).

Can you also comment on the conformance of HIPL to the regular,
non-GPL-related licensing requirements of the openssl toolkit, such as
licensing notices and disclaimers?

I haven't checked this, but if it says so, we should do something about it.