[HIFIS3 LIST] Hifis ACER #: 01776 Additional Fields >>> Created

  • From: <henry.dagher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <henry.dagher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <pavan.kumar@xxxxxxxx>, <hifis-sisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <henryd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <hifis3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 12:14:40 -0500

Category:  Change Request / Operations

Originator:  Dorma, Suzanne

Issue:
01776 Intake Form custom table.jpg

Please find a scanned copy of the intake copy of a service provider in
Saskatoon. They want to know if the intake form (especially the marked fields
with stars) can be modified to HIFIS so that they can use the software. Lyne
had mentioned that it can be done through custom tables.

Suzanne:
The following fields on the form are in HIFIS:
Case Number - File Number in the Client Identification tab
Referral Date - can be captured in the Goods and Services
Offender - Name, Age, Sex, Date of Birth, Ethnic Origin
Victim Information - This information is not collected in the current version
of HIFIS, yesterday Henry's presentation showed the "People" module that would
allow for the majority of this information to be collected and used in the
"Conflict Module" that would capture the Type, First Victim Contact, No.
Attempted Contacts

Fields not in HIFIS possibly use Custom Tables to create:
Case Type, Case Worker, Police Agency, Adjournment Date, Court Location
Offender - Charge Date, Charge #, Number of Charges in Case, Charge, CCC#,
System Charges, Failed to Appear, Failed to Comply
Outcome information - no information collected in HIFIS all would have to be
added to a Custom Table

My caution on using Custom Tables to collect the information is in how the
information will be reported out. It would take a lot of work to create a
Crystal Report report that would create a completed form that could be printed
for a paper file or shared with other agencies.

I'm thinking an easier way may be to have the missing information input in the
Comments section of the Client module. If a template from an application like
Word was created and pasted into the Comments section it could then be
completed and printed via the "Client Profile - Personal" report. This would be
additional work for the service provider as the template would need to be
copied and pasted every time. The comments and the majority of the information
from the form that is collected in HIFIS are printed in the "Client Profile -
Personal" report. The Conflict Module and Referral information are not included
in the "Client Profile - Personal" report, you would have to request a custom
report be created to capture and provide the information in HIFIS. I do need to
let you know that I do not know if or when a custom report could be created to
meet this need. The answer needs to come from the system side IMIT.

Solution:
< le texte Français suit - French text below >

Thank you for your feedback on the HIFIS software. We have added your
issue/request to our list of Application Change or Enhancement Requests
(ACERS). We are addressing your issue/request in sequence. Please note the ACER
number for future reference. Everytime your ACER is modified, you will be
automatically notified.

We ask for your patience in addressing your ACER as we move through this
transition and tackle a considerable number of issues and requests with
limited resources. We are currently working on recruiting and training
additional staff to address the backlog.

The HIFIS Team appreciates your patience in this matter.

Merci pour votre contribution au sujet du logiciel du SISA. Nous avons ajouté
votre problème/demande à notre liste d'ACERs (Changements à l'application ou
demandes d'amélioration). Nous allons traiter votre problème/demande en
séquence. Veuillez s'il vous plaît noter le numéro de votre ACER pour toute
référence. Quand votre ACER sera modifié, vous serez avisé automatiquement.

Nous vous demandons d'être patients en ce qui concerne votre ACER pendant que
nous traversons cette période de transition et que nous faisons face à un
nombre considérable de problèmes et demandes avec nos ressources limitées. Nous
sommes présentement en train de recruter et former du personnel additionnel
pour s'adresser à l'accumulation des demandes.

L'équipe du SISA apprécie énormément votre patience.

Assigned to: