[HIFIS3 LIST] Hifis ACER #: 01322 Change Exchange Folder Location >>> Abandoned

  • From: <henry.dagher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <henry.dagher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <hifis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <hifis-sisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <henryd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <hifis3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 08:58:17 -0500

Category:  Change Request / Exchange

Originator:  Weber, Glenn

Issue
I was helping the region coordinator get imports from the shelters and an
export to be sent. If HIFIS is set up on a network can you change the default
settings from the exchange folder on the C drive to the network folders? You
can do this for back ups but I don't see where this can be done for import and
export features. Not a big issue but would be nice to have all data on the
network instead of local drives.

Solution:
It is much faster if all the processing steps happen on the local drive.
Whoever initiates the job will download, unzip, copy files and  append records.
All these operations should run locally. There is really no advantage in
shuttling all this data back and forth with the network.

Assigned to: Dagher, Henry
Closed in Version:

Currently Open ACERs Statistics
===============================