Safety Meeting March 19th 7PM

  • From: Sean Muprhy <murphsp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hhsc1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 15:05:21 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

The first of two safety meetings will be held at the flight center March 19th
at 7 PM. The second will be April 30th also at 7 PM. It is mandatory that all
members attend at least one meeting. Refreshments will be served

There will be a short talk on precision landings plus numerous odds and ends at
the first meeting. We are undertaking the ambitious task of awarding bronze
badges to all club members who have 15 hours of solo time by the snowbird. This
is an important step up in our club's level of expectation. This is also a club
project and I hope those more experienced will encourage the newbies to
complete the badge(and complete the badge themselves if they haven't). To this
end, the bronze badge test will be available to take for those who feel they
are ready. To study for this test review the private pilot written study
materials you have. Especially the part about calculating glide ratios with a
headwind/tailwind. Bring a calculator.

The second meeting will give you another chance to take the test. Kai will give
a talk on thermalling technique.

Sean Murphy
To send a message to all HHSC subscribers, simply address an e-mail to
"hhsc1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx".  For e-mail address changes or deletion from this e-mail
list, contact "webmaster[at_sign]harrishillsoaring.org".
Also, see the HHSC on-line Calendar at  http://www.calsnet.net/hhsc