Pawnee 49P - Radio Mount Failure

  • From: "Roy Mcmaster" <roy.mcmaster.1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <corkygill33@xxxxxxxxx>, <efunk11@xxxxxxx>, <murphsp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 18:40:59 -0400

Hi All,

Pawnee 49P is temporarily grounded. All; three rubber shock mounts that
hold the radio case to the fuselage steel frame failed. The radio is
dangling between the seat and the cockpit wall and rudder cables.

I tried to remove the radio but could not figure out the antenna connection
to disengage. The power is a Molex connector so easy.

We can quickly restore flying status if we can remove the dangling radio
until a proper fix can be completed.

Or we can wait until three new shock mounts are fitted.

I put a note on the instrument panel.

SeeYou USA

Roy McMaster

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!"
Anon

265 Lew Storch Road (South of Harris Hill and the National Soaring Museum)

Elmira, NY 14903-9345

Office <tel:607-734-4308> 607-734-4308

Fax <tel:607-734-4309> 607-734-4309

Cell: <tel:607-215-3447> 607-215-3447