[hhrug] PC's...

  • From: Bryan <bryanpage1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hhrug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 22:21:21 GMT

In a roundabout way I work for a company that works for a company that
works for Total (pronounced Toe-tarl), the petrol people.

Having got all that out of the way, today I discovered Total are
rolling out brand new PC's with Windows XP, replacing the existing
ageing (not sure how old) Dell PC's with Windows 2000 Professional.
From what I understand the old PC's will be 'cleared down' (I assume
no operating system, no data) and passed on to a company that will
process the 'silver' and 'gold' content of these machines (what a
waste).

I don't know what spec these machines are (I will try to find out) but
am interested in people that might like one of these and if I can get
them what price they might be prepared to pay (be realistic).

If there are enough of you I will approach Total and ask the question.

Regards,

Bryan

--
Using an Iyonix Aria Cube running Risc OS 5.12 and Virtual RPC Adjust
4.39 running on a PC.