[hhrug] Re: PC's...

  • From: John Graham <johngra@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hhrug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 18:45:29 GMT

In message <12e2e8984e.Bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Bryan <bryanpage1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In a roundabout way I work for a company that works for a company that
> works for Total (pronounced Toe-tarl), the petrol people.
>
> Having got all that out of the way, today I discovered Total are
> rolling out brand new PC's with Windows XP, replacing the existing
> ageing (not sure how old) Dell PC's with Windows 2000 Professional.
> From what I understand the old PC's will be 'cleared down' (I assume
> no operating system, no data) and passed on to a company that will
> process the 'silver' and 'gold' content of these machines (what a
> waste).
>
> I don't know what spec these machines are (I will try to find out) but
> am interested in people that might like one of these and if I can get
> them what price they might be prepared to pay (be realistic).
>
> If there are enough of you I will approach Total and ask the question.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bryan

Hi Bryan

Thanks for the offer. I am certainly interested.  However, space is at
a premium here, so I would have difficulty fitting in another large
case computer, but a laptop would be ideal. However, please see what
you can discover, and then I will be able to give you a more definate
answer.

Enjoy you Christmas.

John

--