[HFbeacons] Re: N1LF/B

  • From: Les Rayburn <les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 14:24:35 -0600

Brandon,

Thank you for the reception report! The beacon is new...just hooked it up a few days ago to begin the "testing" phase. I'm closely monitoring temperature, frequency drift, etc. Using a slightly modified Realistic HTX-10, running 5 watts into a Par Electronics end-fed dipole up about 18 feet.

Once testing is complete, I'll move the beacon about four miles to our office/warehouse for final installation. That will be with a vertical over that great tin roof. Hoping it makes for a nice ground plane.

Previous loggings this week include reception reports from Germany, England, and Arizona. You're the first person to hear the beacon on groundwave.

73,

Les Rayburn
N1LF
EM63nf
Maylene, AL

On 1/23/2015 2:13 PM, Brandon Jordan wrote:
I caught what appears to be a rather new beacon over the past few days:

28268.56 N1LF/B Maylene, AL

--
73,
Brandon Jordan, WA4230SWL

WinRadio G33DDC, WinRadio G313-e, RFSpace SDR-IQ, RFSpace NetSDR (locked to GPSDO)
DX Engineering NCC-1 Phased Active Verticals
Array Solutions AS-SAL-12 Shared Apex Loop
Array Solutions AS-SAL-30 Shared Apex Loop