[HFbeacons] Re: KØHTF New QTH and QSL Cards

  • From: Chuck & Joyce <cactuscharlie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 14:23:24 -0700

Same here! Got my two cards yesterday as well. Just hadn't sent out an email, but thanks Doc.

73,
Chuck Cassidy
AC7GZ
On 1/11/2015 10:45 AM, Bob Coomler wrote:
Received "my two" yesterday. Thanks, Doc! Great to see a return of the WRL cards!

73,
Bob Coomler W7SWL
Tucson, AZ

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 3:58 PM, Doc - KØHTF <k0htf@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:k0htf@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Good afternoon

    I have a new QTH which is:  503 S. Wooster Algona, _Iowa_
    50511-3544. (EN23vb and Kossuth County) It is no longer Des
    Moines, the one in Iowa – after over 70 years!

    I am still seeing some reports for my beacons that have me located
    in Des Moines, the one in Iowa.

    AND – for the first time in a very long time I mailed out quite a
    stack of QSL cards today. The card sent represented the location
    from which my beacon was heard. So, some got two cards and K9QU
    won with getting three cards. The third one was for a mobile KØHTF
    beacon operation. The cards were sent for the first recorded
    report from each station. Being heard really started right after
    the AR-10 arrived on the scene about August of 2012.

    There are a few more to send but information has to be gathered to
    complete them.

    This sending comes after over-involvement, medical issues, a move,
    a computer crash and a new computer, blah, blah, blah. I will be
    ever so much better about this from now on. My wife got me a new
    supply for Christmas. Anyhow, as is said, they are in the mail or
    all but about 6 or 8 of them.\.

    73 and travel safe!

    Tom “Doc” Gruis

    KØHTF