[HFbeacons] KØHTF New QTH and QSL Cards

  • From: Doc - KØHTF <k0htf@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <10mprop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 16:58:16 -0600

Good afternoon

I have a new QTH which is:  503 S. Wooster Algona, Iowa 50511-3544. (EN23vb and
Kossuth County) It is no longer Des Moines, the one in Iowa – after over 70
years!

I am still seeing some reports for my beacons that have me located in Des
Moines, the one in Iowa.

AND – for the first time in a very long time I mailed out quite a stack of QSL
cards today. The card sent represented the location from which my beacon was
heard. So, some got two cards and K9QU won with getting three cards. The third
one was for a mobile KØHTF beacon operation. The cards were sent for the first
recorded report from each station. Being heard really started right after the
AR-10 arrived on the scene about August of 2012.

There are a few more to send but information has to be gathered to complete
them.

This sending comes after over-involvement, medical issues, a move, a computer
crash and a new computer, blah, blah, blah. I will be ever so much better about
this from now on. My wife got me a new supply for Christmas. Anyhow, as is
said, they are in the mail or all but about 6 or 8 of them.\.

73 and travel safe!

Tom “Doc” Gruis

KØHTF

EchoLink 50511           IRLP 7793