[hencny] Re: A New Year

  • From: "Laurie Callihan" <windyhill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hencny@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 15:16:09 -0400

While the reg Q & A's seem to indicate that students can't participate in
this sort of school activity, the bottom line is that if the school district
allows it - you're in - they basically ignore the regs unless we force them
to follow them in most cases, and while that is inequitable, it remains to
be the way it is.  So, your best bet would be to try to find out other cases
like yours that worked out the way you like and bring it to your
school's/NYSSMAs attention - but that doesn't guarantee anything.

Laurie C.