Re: [heavenly-c] juliets health

  • From: E. Jean Guérin <orson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: heavenly-c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:25:43 -0500

Like I've said before: both cuts have their merits. Peter claims to have learned a lot about pacing in the preparation of the Miramax cut and ended up hiring that editor for "Frighteners".

The same applies to the DVD cut of LotR:FotR. Personally I prefer the longer cut ion both cases but there are little snippets and transitions that I end up missing from the shorter cut.

For listers in France and french speaking countries:

The french fantasy film magazine "Mad Movies" has a superb special issue devoted to PJ out now which features a chapter on HC and an additional article on the longer cut as well as a deconstruction of the murder scene.

eJG

On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 12:41 PM, Erin D. wrote:

I just watched the DVD for the first time. I thought the scream at the end
more effective in the US cut, rather than in the Grail with Mel's blood
covered face.