Re: [heavenly-c] juliets health

  • From: E. Jean Guérin <orson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: heavenly-c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:21:28 -0500

Thanks Neil for injecting blood into the list.

eJG

On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 06:04 AM, neil.ayrey wrote:

Some overlooked real facts
In 1953 when Juliet contracted TB this was usually understood to be the beginning of your end (ie your number was up eventually)
I was begining high school in CH CH and at that stage TB was only second to Polio for which both had epidemic status here in NZ. We lived in dread of it as there was no cure for either.
During the late 40's all schools here were closed for long periods to isolate the spread of the polio epidemic.
When Juliet was diagnosed with TB and sent to hospital there was no clear indication she would ever properly recover
There was no way that Juliet was going to be allowed to enter the public education system after her release from the Sanatorium
Indead she never went to school again.
HC does not show the importance of these ailments in the 1954 perspective or the real impact on quotes about " all the best people have lung Etc"
However Juliet was living in dread of her future and no mention of this in HC

I am 62 and have watched the whole drama for 49 years

Neil
PS
Next I will ask how H R Hulme was preoccupied because he was recalled to the UK to help build their Hydrogen bomb leading up to the reason for the girls seperation and the consequent murder

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: