Home Based Online Marketing News 6 Models of Success

  • From: Roger Schoenwald <rwspub@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hbomn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 04:13:25 -0800 (PST)

HOME BASED ONLINE MARKETING NEWS
"Helping You To Be Successful Online"

A e-zine publication of
RWS Publishing
Onlinesuccessstrategies.com
December 7, 2002
Hello Subscribers,
In Today's Issue

Read this issue online at
http://onlinesuccessstrategies.com/hbomn.htm

We begin today with a new feature.  As we search for
the best products and information we will have them
for you in an addition to our newsletter.  A Featured
E-Book.

1. 6 Models of Success
2. Marketing Center
3. E-Commerce Resources
4. Subscribers 2 Line Ads
Featured E-Book

Mining Gold On The Internet

Thousands boosted their sales, and built successful businesses
using the solid, money-making advice from Shawn Casey?s
informative e-book,MINING GOLD. The 121-page authority
for anyone wanting to know how to make $1,000's with their
online businesses, Mining Gold uses plain English to teach
 readers exactly how to take control of their financial future,
promote their businesses for free,make their sales and profits
soar,
and much, much more.

The key method to being profitable online is keeping costs down,

especially advertising costs. I didn?t understand how to do this
until
I read Shawn Casey?s book, Mining Gold On the Internet.

Shawn has developed several very successful Websites that
bring in a ton of money. More importantly, he?s built them all
without spending a lot of money on marketing. He specializes
in no-cost and low-cost strategies that anyone can use.
Obviously, if you can get people to visit your Website without
spending a lot of money, you definitely should be making money
quickly.

I highly recommend Mining Gold On the Internet. Click here to
get free info.

http://onlinesuccessstrategies.com/mininggold

1. This Weeks Success Article

Six Models of Success

By Terry Dean

If you want to build something...first find a model!

During the past week, I have spent a large amount of time
studying successful web sites and finding out what it is that is
separating them from all of the run of the mill web sites which
are just there.

It is really interesting when you stop for a moment and look at
why certain sites are becoming extremely successful on the
Internet. What really stood out to me more than anything else
was the variety of different types of businesses there were out
there.

I researched extremely successful sites which focused on web
hosting, business opportunities, pet products, golf, computers,
information, and even paint thinner! Anything, if planned
appropriately, can be sold online.

The other thing that has stood out to me is the variety of
different models of success there are out there. A key to being
successful in any venture is to find a business which is already
doing what you want and model after them. Play follow the
leader.

I can't go into every model of success I have found, but I do
want to introduce to you six different models which kept
springing up over and over again in successful sites.

As you look over these models, you may find that you are on your
way to becoming just like that type of business. If so, good. If
you don't see anything listed here which is what you are trying
to do, you really should stop for a minute and organize your
plans to more closely follow a successful web site model.

You may even find that your business fits into more than one of
these categories...if so, again you are probably following the
right road in your business.

Model #1 - Free Information Provider and Opt-In List Builder

These two things go hand in hand. For months you have heard me
tell you over and over again that the profits in an online
business are in the Opt-In List. Well, it is still true and I am
going to keep right on telling you this.

Look at the most successful business online and almost without
fail they are the same businesses which are building the Opt-In
Email Lists. One key that you have to remember though is that
you MUST provide high quality information to your list and not
just a bunch of ads. If your newsletter is just an ad sheet, you
can be assured that it will almost NEVER grow!

Then, learn how to write effective offers which ride right along
with each of your mailings to the list. Once your list begins to
grow, you will find out just how easy it is to build a
Guaranteed Monthly income on the Internet.

Advantages: You can build your list up each month and watch your
guaranteed monthly income go up right along beside it. It can be
an easy way to create a Residual Income no matter what products
or services you are selling.

Disadvantages: You have to like to write. If you hate writing
and only want to send out pure advertising without value, you
will find that this is a very hard road to travel.

Model #2 - Malls and Co-Op Advertising

Another successful model I found were sites which could almost
be considered malls with many different products and advertising
opportunities. Although a site like this wouldn't be successful
in most cases by directly advertising, the mall owners came up
with a very simple and effective method of creating awesome
traffic at their sites.

They would start Co-Op Advertising online, in postcard decks, in
magazines, etc. They would buy a large ad or postcard deck card
and then split it up between 10 - 20 others and everyone would
pay a small share. Then, the mall owner who is running the co-op
would get his share for free and even sometimes make a small
profit from the deal.

Being a co-op participant can be a low cost way of getting
traffic to your site, but the real opportunity opens up when you
start running co-ops yourself in this manner. I know of one
Internet marketer who gets over $150,000 a year in free
advertising by running these types of co-ops!

Advantages: You can get $100,000 or more free advertising if you
schedule enough co-ops and they produce good leads for each of
the participants.

Disadvantages: If your co-ops don't work for everyone involved,
expect to have some serious trouble growing.

Model #3 - Free Services and Paid Advertising

If you find a service people need such as autoresponders, forms
on their site, search engine listings, traffic tools, etc., you
may find that this is the model for you. Sites which provide
something extremely valuable for free can often take their
traffic counters into the thousands literally overnight...then
they can start charging people for placing banners and other
types of advertising on their site.

You may think it is hard to come up with a Free service to drive
traffic to your site, but it really isn't that difficult. Spend
some time over at http://www.cgi-resources.com which contains
thousands of CGI programs, many of which are low or NO cost.
Some of them would also make great traffic generators if you
would position them on your site in a unique way.

Advantages: You never have to pay to advertise this site. If
your Free Service is extremely valuable and unique, word of
mouth and press releases will be all of the marketing you need
for it.

Disadvantages: The hard part is coming up with the winning idea.

Model #4 - One Product Page and Paying for Advertising

People don't talk about this technique as much as some of the
others, but I have found it to be one of the easiest ways of
making a good income online. When you find a hot product that
you know a certain market is interested in, then focus on
putting up the best sales letter possible with just one or two
pages about the product.

Then, focus all of your marketing towards bringing people to
that page. By presenting people with only one choice at your
site, you eliminate any of the possible confusion or distraction
which come with multiple page sites. From studying all of the
different models, this one will usually have the highest
response rate per visitor.

After someone buys your first product, you can then introduce
them to all of your other products and services on the backend
to create multiple income streams.

Advantages: This type of site has the highest sales rates of web
sites because it eliminates the confusion and distractions.

Disadvantages: The biggest disadvantage is that you can't expect
too much free traffic. You will have to pay for all of your
traffic in most cases.

Model #5 - Catalog Sites and an Affiliate Program

Many sites have hundreds of products and services so choosing a
lead product like the above model just doesn't make sense for
them. Usually in these cases, I recommend going with creating a
catalog site and building a network of affiliates.

Look at the size of Amazon.com's affiliate program. It is
quickly establishing itself as the number one bookseller in the
world. No one else is even close. Much of this is due to one
factor...their affiliate program.

Every day new affiliate programs spring up...and go down. If you
have a selection of products which have a strong USP and are
good sellers online you have the makings of a good affiliate
program.

Make sure to allow your affiliates to link to specific products
also, not just to your main
site. This will allow them to earn maximum commissions.

Advantages: This is the way to take over a large market share on
the Internet...expect to see in the coming years that probably
as many as 40% of the top profiting sites will be affiliate
programs.

Disadvantages: You have to support your affiliates better than
the average site AND you have to be able to handle the amount of
orders that will be coming in. Neglect either one and your
affiliate program won't last long.

Model #6 - Community Building Even If You Don't Have a Product
to Sell.

The other side of the affiliate program are those who sign up as
your affiliates...the most successful of which will usually be
those who have built an online community around a certain
subject or hobby.

By putting up a discussion group, providing links to interesting
content, publishing an ezine, and more you can build an online
community around a specific subject that interests you and
others.

Then, as your traffic grows, you can join affiliate programs or
set up joint ventures to offer your audience products or
services which are of great interest to them.

Advantages: You can start this type of business without even
having a product or service to sell. You can build a traffic
base and then ask your visitors what it is that they want. Then,
you can find the exact products or services they want and need!

Disadvantages: You will have to go without much income for a
while until your traffic begins to grow to a high level.

Each of these models presents a possible online business for
you. Which one interests you the most? Which one do you
understand the best? Which one would your enjoy?

Pick one or more of these above business models for your
Internet business and you will have taken the first step to
Internet success...

"Getting Started."

Terry Dean, a 5 year veteran of Internet marketing, will Take
You By
The Hand and Show You Exact Results of All the Internet
Marketing
Techniques he tests and Uses Every Single Month".

http://onlinesuccessstrategies.com/netbreakthroughs

Sponser 2

*** Special Notice ***
Want to know how to increase your affiliate sales and
commissions?
Click here for a hot new ebook that shows you how to make more
money
 from your affiliateprograms!
http://onlinesuccessstrategies.com/affiliatemistakes
2. Marketing Center

Lead Lightning Takes the Internet by Storm!!!!

25 Ad Free Autoresponders, Ad Tracking, Reminders,
Cell Text Messenging, Training and Support Forum and
you can earn over A MILLION DOLLARS YEARLY!!

Blank Email for details to: mailto:rwspub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here is a way to find a market and then find
out what people want.
Just go and do it, it is that easy. If you don't have what they
want,
here are a lot of ideas on how to find them .   Get the
"Insider Secrets to Marketing Your Business on the Internet."

http://onlinesuccessstrategies.com/marketingtips

More Articles

Two powerful ways to market your products online
http://onlinesuccessstrategies.com/amc.htm
3.This Weeks E-Commerce Resources

Complimentary GUIDE
"How to Make a Living from the Internet"
This step-by-step web guide shows you exactly how
I made 200k from my basement last year.
 (You could do this too -- it's easier than you might think.)
http://onlinesuccessstrategies.com/makealiving

Subscribe to Guerrilla Marketing Daily
by Jay Conrad Levinson and Mark Joyner
*FREE* If you read only one marketing newsletter every day,
this is the one you can't miss. Read it in 30 seconds or less.
Includes vital marketing intelligence that will increase
yourprofits.
Subscribe for free by clicking here to send a blank email
to:mailto:gmd@xxxxxxxxxx?subject=rwspub

You've probably heard it many times
yourself..."Someday long distance is going to be FREE"
We'll Someday is finally here!!
http://www.excelLifestyles.com
Contact Code 27226
4.  Subscribers 2 Line Ads
(Support our readers.  Send your 2 line ad
to editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx subject=2 line ads)

If YOU have sold YOUR home and, taken back a mortgage, I will
buy
that mortgage FOR CASH !!!..Tommy @ SUCCESS013@xxxxxxx

What are the secrets to their success?
http://dynamic.secretstotheirsuccess.com/t.cgi/5260