[HUG ] SV: [HUG ] Re: SV: Re: SV: Re: Råö - still for sale

  • From: Tom Just Olsen <tjols@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 00:09:45 +0200 (MEST)

Ronald,

Sure, there were many areas that were 'off limits' to me as a Norwegian in
Sweden during the Cold War.  Particularly up in the north of Sweden.  Even
along what today is the 'E4' motorway foreigners were not allowed to go out of
the car.  But I can not remember such restrictions along the Swedish west
coast.  - Which is a very beautiful part of the world.  Particularly now,
juring the summer.

Regaring dialicts.  It struck me that the people at Smögen spoke 'almost
Norwegian', - like they do in Østfold, but with a Swedish gramatics.  While
farther south, around Malmö they speak almost Danish - with a Swedish gramar, a
different thing.

Quite naturally, though, since these parts of Sweden has been parts of Danmark
and Norway once.  History, you know.

Do you know who'Lasse i Gatan' was?  Or Tordenskiold?

Tom of Oslo (the capitol of language freaks)