[HUG] Re: Newsletter from CEO of Haselblad....

  • From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:28:33 -0700

I guess I interpret things a bit differently......  When the tail wags the
dog....

Someone had it thought out...... Hasselblad = Brand recognition; Imacon =
Digital; add them together, eliminate all the film stuff and you have
financial success because "everyone" wants digital capture.  ( even at $39k
for 5 years of use.  Rich customers only need apply, plus a few pros that
did not hear the words Canon or Nikon.....)

And you think Paulsen was not a member of the team that thought this up?
And his ascension to the throne?

I guess I am a cynic.

BTW, for those not on the Leica list... there is a rumor that Leica may
offer a "bigger than full frame", 40MP camera in about a year....  I thought
it sounded like a Hasselblad with the right back on it....with the Leica
logo plastered on the front.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Jim.... remember, the president of Hasselblad was the previous president
> of
> Imacon.  He bought  the name, distribution system, and supposed good will.

No, no.
Shriro bought him and his company to provide Hasselblad with the digital
bits that would ensure their (Hasselblad's) future.
Poulsen's company became a division of Hasselblad.
A good move.

The bad decision was to put him at the helm of the combined Hasselblad.