[HUG ] Re: Lens Length.....

  • From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 07:09:15 -0700

I just viewed a  Hasselblad Schneider Variogon MC C 140-280mm f5.6 macro
lens.

It shows the case to be about the right proportions of width to length, and
it is fatter at the top than the bottom.

I am pretty sure the case fits this lens... Can anyone having one of these
gems do some measurement for me?

Frank Filippone

red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am trying to establish what lens fits in a leather case I now have.......(
No, I do not own the lens.....)

The case is the typical built like a tank leather ..color is greenish tan.
Not brown- tan.
Approx dimension of the interior.....
Diameter at bottom ( closed part of case) :  3"
Diameter at Top: 4"
Length: 11 1/4 "

Can someone measure a 60-120mm Lens and the 140-280mm to see if it might fit
one of those 2?  ( I think the shorter zoom is not likely as that lens just
does not look long and skinny like this case)

Ditto a 350mm....which I think is most likely.....

It is not a 250 case, nor a 500 case.  Of that I am sure.

If you find something close, please email me.... and tell me which version
of the lens you have so that I can ID this case.

Thanks

Frank Filippone
red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx