[hashcash] Re: ways of integrating into Thunderbird

  • From: John Honan <jhonan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 16:20:36 +0100

Would a hashcash plugin do the stamping as a background task, transparently?
- Or do we need to invoke a dialog and make it foreground? (imo hashcash
stamping should be as transparent as possible, in fact the only thing the
user should see is a checkbox on the thunderbird preferences screen to
enable it, and perhaps a 'number of bits' textbox value)

Anyway, here are a couple of links;

http://www.unsignedbyte.com/?page_id=4
Here's one called the 'send later' extension, it allows you to schedule
outgoing emails to be sent later. I think it's relevant as it uses a method
of moving the email to drafts, then monitors the drafts folder until a
certain time, and then moves it to outbox.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/162057/how-do-you-insert-email-headers-with-a-thunderbird-extension
Uses js to intercept the outgoing email and insert headers.

Regards,
John.