[hashcash] Re: freeBSD 5.3 compile problems

  • From: Adam Back <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 09:43:22 -0500

I just released hashcash-1.14 which fixes this and a few other clean
up things:

        * make hashcash -cX accept continuation lines starting with
          space as well as tab

        * add library function to wrap lines and use it from hashcash
          command line tool.

        * fix long vs time_t prototype mismatch that was giving
          compile errors on BSD; also cleaned up some warnings that
          can be obtained with gcc -Wall.

No hyperthreading/multi-cpu support yet.

btw a simple way to get multi-cpu support would be to write a simple
shell script to spawn as many instances of hashcash as your
hyperthreads x cpus and wait for the first one to terminate then kill
the rest.  As there is no need for communication between the instances
this should basically be just as effective.  An exercise for the
reader...

Adam