[hashcash] Re: PR Problem?

  • From: "Eric S. Johansson" <esj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 18:09:11 -0500

Todd A. Jacobs wrote:
On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 10:16:40AM +0100, decoder wrote:

Currently we stamp all outgoing mails on our postfix server (just some
Bcc: stuff does not work), and we check hashcash stamps with
spamassassin.

If you're doing it at the MTA, why doesn't BCC work? And what are you
using to generate the stamps in postfix?

BCC is a royal pain in the butt. I took the brute force bloody ignorance way out in my code. Since I don't preserve state about a message and its stamp, I decided to automatically replicate a message going to multiple recipients and put a single stamp in each message. This solves the BCC problem nicely but it does cause a mail list explosion.

It is possible to create a stamp state file which is kept in a queue entry with a mail message so that every time you generate a stamp, you would preserve it until all the stamps are generated and then attach them all to the single message (minus bcc) and deliver the "single message". Too much like work. I had other things to prove. :-)

---eric