[haikuware-tya] Re: golf shirt...

  • From: "Dennis d'Entremont" <dennis.dentremont@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haikuware-tya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:54:46 -0300

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 10:16 AM, Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 1:32 PM, Karl vom Dorff wrote:
> >> Hmmm... I'm just wondering, perhaps a nicer (possibly cheaper) prize
> >> for the TYA would be:
> >>
> >> http://www.cafepress.com/haiku_os.295451384
>

> Generally, I think it's a very good idea:
>
> - $50 doesn't make a huge difference in the life of the winner. Plus,
> cash isn't fun.
> - The shirt is a souvenir for the TYA when the money would be gone for
> years.
> - It's Haiku PR wherever it's worn.
> - A (small) part of the spent money flows back to Haiku.
> - It's less of a strain on the scarce TYA funds.
>

> However: There's no connection between the shirt and the TYA. It's like
> any Haiku shirt anyone can order. I see two possible solutions to this:
>
> 1) With Haiku Inc.'s permission, have original Haiku shirts with an
> added "TYA-Winner" emblem put somewhere. (Can you have a cafepress-shop
> that is closed to the general public, so not anyone can order a
> TYA-shirt?)

You can go to cafepress anytime without even opening a store and make items
as you wish. This shouldn't be a problem.

> 2) Send a "TYA-Winner" button separately in addition to the Haiku shirt
> from cafepress. Not that classy, but more flexible: you (and later the
> winner) can combine the button with any shirt.

IMO, It would be better if it was right on the shirt. I suspect that Haiku,
Inc would support this if we were to donate the profits of the shirts to
Haiku.

> In any case, we need to get a fantastic TYA-Logo designed for the added
> winner emblem or the button. The logo should of course also be on the
> TYA website.

+1. Unfortunately I'm in no position to help with logo design.

--
Dennis d'Entremont
IT Professional CNA, MCP, A+, ITIL