[haikuports] Re: Recipes that depend on themselves

  • From: gus knight <waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: HaikuPorts ML <haikuports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 08:42:55 -0400

On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 2:53 AM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

Building OpenJDK requires a java compiler, so bootstrapping requires either
some cross-compilation or a java compiler that isn't java based (e.g. gcj).
I don't known what method Hamish used. At any rate, once you have a working
OpenJDK, it is easiest to do further builds using a pre-existing OpenJDK
package.

I'd prefer if we use the "java compiler that isn't java based" method.

As for the self-dependency, apparently the (1.8) recipe lists openjdk as
BUILD_REQUIRES. I believe it really should be a BUILD_PREREQUIRES. This
should solve your dependency problem (assuming Kitchen's dependency resolver
works as it should). It also shows that a haikuports.cross recipe can (and
should) be created.

Why does it make any difference if it's in PREREQIRES vs. REQUIRES?
Isn't the only difference when the package is activated? And no, it
doesn't make a difference to the Kitchen at least, because the Kitchen
doesn't assume it has previous versions of these packages available
for building.

-gus