[haikuports] Re: Recipes that depend on themselves

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haikuports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 08:53:46 +0200

On 31.07.2015 23:19, gus knight wrote:

The Kitchen system now has a dependency resolver wired up. However,
when it tries to resolve dependencies of the entire tree, it throws
the error "dependency loop detected: openjdk".

The openjdk recipe does indeed depend on (at least an earlier version
of) itself. I'm not sure what is supposed to be done about this. How
was it built in the first place?

Building OpenJDK requires a java compiler, so bootstrapping requires either some cross-compilation or a java compiler that isn't java based (e.g. gcj). I don't known what method Hamish used. At any rate, once you have a working OpenJDK, it is easiest to do further builds using a pre-existing OpenJDK package.

As for the self-dependency, apparently the (1.8) recipe lists openjdk as BUILD_REQUIRES. I believe it really should be a BUILD_PREREQUIRES. This should solve your dependency problem (assuming Kitchen's dependency resolver works as it should). It also shows that a haikuports.cross recipe can (and should) be created.

CU, Ingo